We are excited to now offer HydraFacial® at Dr. Banis Plastic Surgery. This treatment aims to achieve superior results through gentle, liquid-based exfoliation. A HydraFacial can treat numerous skin issues, including acne, dryness, roughness, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, fine age lines, and oversized pores. Furthermore, the treatment aims to infuse the skin with potent ingredients, to increase skin health in the long term and giving the skin a radiant glow.
Patented Vortex Deep Cleansing tips allow for premier exfoliation but while hydrating your skin at the same time and not leaving it dry and irritated. It is amazing how great your skin looks and feels…we just love it. It’s way more than a facial!
- Vortex Cleansing & Hydrapeel Exfoliation: This step of the HydraFacial is designed to remove dead cells from the skin’s surface through water-based exfoliation. Further, the benefit of this initial step is the removal of sebum, which can otherwise block penetration of skin care ingredients and exacerbate the clogging of pores, as it can act almost like a glue for small particles.
- Pore Loosening: The second step in the HydraFacial is to infuse the pores with a mild mix of salicylic and glycolic acids. These are common ingredients for pore cleansing and are often included in anti-acne and skin care programs for their ability to loosen pore plugs that are responsible for inflammatory acne.
- Pore Extraction: During this step of treatment, the loosened pore plugs and dirt are removed through the combination of vortex cleaning action of the HydraFacial applicator, combined with the immediate suctioning of the dirt and other particles. This step is meant to provide deep cleaning of the skin, to reduce future acne breakouts and boost penetration by helpful skin care ingredients.
- Serum Fusion: The last step involves infusing the skin with peptides, antioxidants and hyaluronic acid. It is an interesting combination of ingredients as these chemicals may improve skin health in a variety of ways. For example, the antioxidants help repair skin damage, while the peptides can provide the essential building blocks for skin cell structures. Further, the hyaluronic acid can reduce the appearance of wrinkles in the short term by drawing moisture to the treatment site.
Ideal Candidates for a HydraFacial
Healthy patients of all skin types and tones are ideal candidates for a HydraFacial treatment; it is even suitable for patients with sensitive skin. Patients who do not have a proper skin care routine are the best candidates for a HydraFacial.
The HydraFacial is a great solution for patients looking for non-surgical treatment for their skin conditions. Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding will need to discuss this during their HydraFacial consultation. This procedure is not ideal for patients on Accutane or with more severe skin issues or scarring.
When you visit our skin care clinic, you can tell us about your skin concerns and expectations. After that, we will discuss how our medical-grade HydraFacial treatment can effectively help achieve your goals. We will evaluate your medical history and assess the condition of your skin.
We will present a treatment plan that is perfect for your situation. Our discussion will include your ideal number of sessions and a list of aftercare instructions. We will make sure to answer any questions you may have during your visit.
HYDRAFACIAL TREATMENT SESSION
It will take around 45 minutes to undergo a HydraFacial treatment session. The treatment area will be cleansed of any dirt, makeup, moisturizer, and other cosmetic products to prepare for the HydraFacial session.
The treatment will then be performed. This will involve deep cleansing, exfoliation, and extraction of impurities. The session will be completed by applying a customized nourishing serum.
After Your HydraFacial Treatment Session
Patients can go home or right back to work after the treatment session, and no recovery process will be necessary. A degree of redness and tightness may be experienced during the first day. The face must not experience a great deal of sun exposure or physical stress.
Aftercare instructions will be provided to maximize the results. For multiple treatment sessions, follow-up appointments will be scheduled accordingly.
The aftercare instructions given to the patient will include the following:
- Makeup can only be applied after 24 hours.
- Do not undergo any exfoliation treatments within 48 hours after the HydraFacial.
- Keep the treated area clean.
- Avoid saunas and showers for at least 24 hours.
- Unprotected sun exposure and use of tanning beds are not allowed for at least three days.
- Use sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher for the first week.
A HydraFacial will usually produce glowing and radiant skin, with minimized pores and smoother skin texture. Most patients will see visible results a week after their HydraFacial session. Some patients will only require one session, but others will need more than one session to achieve their ideal results.
The results can last around four to six weeks depending on the patient’s skin health and skincare routine. If the patient wants to extend the results, a maintenance session will be necessary. It is safe to have a HydraFacial treatment every month.
The price of a HydraFacial treatment will depend on the number of treatment sessions needed. Additional skincare products used may affect the overall cost.
Schedule Your Consultation
While many medspas perform treatments that are ineffective and not clinically proven, our skin care clinic specifically provides only the best and most effective medical-grade treatments.
If you want to get a medical-grade HydraFacial in Louisville, visit us at Dr. Banis Plastic Surgery. Our skilled professionals will take excellent care of you and ensure high-quality results. Contact us to schedule your consultation today!