Dermal fillers can help reverse the changes associated with aging. Because the goal is to return the dermis to its original youthful state, dermal fillers can give a more natural appearance. Patients looking for dermal fillers in Louisville come to our skin care clinic for safe and highly effective filler treatments.
Dermal fillers can be used to:
- Reduce or eliminate wrinkles
- Raise scar depressions
- Enhance lips
- Replace soft-tissue volume loss
Treatment Areas Include:
- Midface region
- Under the eyes
Fillers offered include:
- Juvederm XC – A hyaluronic acid (HA) filler for signs of aging and lip enhancement
- Radiesse – A calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) filler for age signs, including volume loss in the back of the hands
- Sculptra® – A poly-L-lactic acid product that stimulates collagen production gradually for long-lasting improvement of skin structure
- Voluma – An HA filler designed to restore volume in gaunt cheeks
- Bellafill® – A collagen filler with polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) microspheres used to treat smile lines and acne scars
- RHA® – A collection of fillers for mild, moderate, and harsh age lines and volume loss
- Restylane® – An HA filler for lip enhancement, wrinkle reduction, and more
Am I a Good Candidate?
Healthy patients with realistic expectations are ideal candidates for dermal fillers. Dermal fillers are appropriate for patients with moderate to severe folds and wrinkles. Patients who are experiencing volume loss, folds, or wrinkles but do not want surgery are excellent candidates.
The best candidates for filler injections are non-smokers without a history of extreme allergic reactions. Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding are recommended to reschedule their dermal filler treatment for a later date.
Your Dermal Filler Consultation
During your consultation, we will discuss your aesthetic goals. We will evaluate your medical history and examine the areas you want to be treated. Let us know if you have tried dermal filler treatments in the past.
We will recommend the most appropriate dermal filler for you. We will present a treatment plan based on the chosen filler and explain all the details to you. We will cover the injection process, aftercare, results, and cost. You can raise questions if you have any concerns at any point during the consultation.
The Treatment Process
The duration of a dermal filler procedure is around 1 hour, depending on the chosen dermal filler and the target areas. The skin will be cleansed, and the treatment areas will be marked.
The dermal filler will be injected, and the treated area will be massaged to get the desired results. In many cases, fillers contain a local anesthetic to ensure a comfortable treatment process. The treated areas will be cleansed, including the removal of the markings, to finish the procedure.
We will provide aftercare instructions for safe and optimal results. Although the patient can go home after the treatment with no need for recovery time, intense physical activities will be prohibited for a day or two. The patient may experience minor swelling and bruising.
How Much Do Dermal Fillers Cost?
The price of a dermal filler treatment will be based on the type of dermal filler used. The number of treatment areas and the amount of product used can also impact the total cost.
Set Up Your Appointment
To learn more about dermal fillers in Louisville, visit our skin care clinic at Joseph Banis MD. We will explain all your dermal filler options and personalize your treatment plan. Contact us today to set up a consultation.