UPNEEQ® (oxymetazoline hydrochloride ophthalmic solution), 0.1% is a prescription eyedrop used to treat low-lying lids (acquired blepharoptosis) in adults.
Acquired ptosis (low-lying lids) is a common condition that:
- Affects adults of all ages, but occurs more often with increased age
- Usually occurs when the muscles in the eyelid stretch and weaken, causing the lid to droop
- May be caused by other issues, such as cataract surgery, contact lens wear, or an underlying medical condition.
Lifts eyelid(s) quickly
- Most patients in clinical trials had a lift in their eyelids in as little as 2 hours
- 84% of patients had some level of improvement
- 74% of patients had more than a 50% improvement
- In one study, some patients saw a lift in their eyelids as fast as 5 minutes after the first dose